Wednesday, August 10, 2011

RIO (2011) - ENGLISH



Fly Love. Fly Rio. The same flying tale told charmingly.

Yes, they seem to be inspired by PIXAR in animation and content too. PIXAR uses toys, cars, rats, monsters and these folks used birds. The content is simple, a bird has to find her home and has to get what it was deprived of, and that is it´s flight. Not revealing too much of a story here but yes, it´s worth a trip and I am sure that for most part we will be laughing on gags that we have seen earlier. What I think, they did is they took all the famous acts amalgamated them well and the concoction they ensured that was prepared was sweet.

Like one scene, where when the guy tries to drive a bike, he hits the wall and fell off while the girl starts it they fly in the air. A few scenes like the one in which Blue (our protagonist) reads books on how to fly and then prepares itself to takeoff creating a runway as if its an airplane. All these bring out laughs and make us happy. So surely this can be taken a ride for such moments that are many.

There is nothing as such jaw dropping or mind boggling in this animated film and its devoid of any surprise too with a pretty predictable storyline. Having said that, its surely watchable for its lovable characters and the wit and the charm (charm is subjective here, I found it charming and loving but others may find something else). The animation expectedly was top class and one scene in which the two birds go through Rio on a glider is where it brings in a 3D element.

Song, I loved is Fly Love and for this as a director, one needs a good vision.

Note : - I watched this is in Spanish without even subtitles so not sure what each character told each other exactly, but I could easily make out what was going through even then. This helped me learn that language is not barrier for content being shown.

A good watch after which I felt energetic its 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche