Wednesday, August 10, 2011

BEING JOHN MALKOVICH (1999) - ENGLISH

Wow. It's one hell of a ride

I didn't know till the first hour where the plot that has been built up will lead to and in the next it had much more than I had thought. A simple puppeteer's life is in shackles with the truth he has learnt but will be like that forever or will it become normal again (as it happens in Hollywood movies) a happy family is shattered with an incident but it stays happy in the end with a compromise or resolution or something...but no not here...

As I promised I am not going to reveal the story here...but even if I did for this its a must experience movie as it has too many things involved.....

There is this puppeteer Craig Schwartz who gets a job in a rather mysterious 71/2 (but well explained in a 2 minute TV show) floor and finds out that actually there is a way that leads to the brain of John Malkovich. Simple on paper it may seem but the entire transformation and revelations begin then....
He learns that his wife is transsexual...his colleague whom he wanted to make love with actually wants to fuck john malkovich with his wife in his head. He is lost totally...he then cages his wife and goes into Malkovich head and makes love with his colleague...and yes the puppeteer comes now...he realizes that he could control his actions and does so...yes by touching her colleague's left boob at will.....but having said all this........there are more surprises left....

What if Malkovich himself entered the head of Malkovich? That is sorted out.....EVERYTHING BECOMES MALKOVICH.....everything seen and heard is just Malkovich.....wow......a crazy idea and yes it is right to an extent...whenever I thought too much about my own self I could see myself doing something (it was an illusion) but this aspect is really thrilling to know and may also make one go crazy....anyways back to plot......

It is now.......Craig wants to Stay in Malkovich forever and does so...he makes Malkovich a success full puppeteer.....and earns money.....lives the life of a millionaire kind.....now his colleague is pregnant rightly so as they have been making love but wait...again a surprise...

OK now a bit or retrospection and inquisitive, engrossed too much into the thing that what would happen next, I almost lost that why was there a portal....only for malkovich or why basically there is a way into his head.......its learnt later and its related to construction of 71/2 floor (that's a hint)....

It's a clear movie..it seems to solve the answers that it has raised itself......and yet it still ends ask many more psychological questions......what would it be if we are in another soul feels it feels, see what it sees, hear what it hears....man this is a crazy thing......but an experience to experiment with.

Having almost revealed the entire story or plot, the acting is top notch and realistic even in this highly fictitious drama... John Cusack as Craig just excels ....he must have practiced pup petering a lot for this...and so did John Malkovich....Cameron Diaz lives as if she has been living with her pets, the chimpanzee, a dog, a bird for ages....there are other animals...like a chameleon too....and the witch (don't know its a right thing to say) played by Catherine Keener is just right...and even the other actors perform aptly

All said and above, Kudos to writer Charlie Kaufman for writing such a thing and for Spike Jonze for accepting to make it and making it so engagingly.......

It’s a must take ride.... One must be someone else....

RATING: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche