Friday, August 12, 2011

MY WORKING STYLE

Originally Written - 7th Jan 2010


I really pity this internet space for bearing my anger and unhappiness and becoming the shrine for it. Now, this piece is about clarification to myself as to how I work. Atleast here I can be true to myself.

I consider my working style to be simple, I am assigned something to do, so I will try my best to do it. It's not happening I would convey and state a reason as to why it's not happening. Simple ain't it.

Now, there in lies a problem, I am asked to do something and I say, see I don't wanna do it. But I still do it coz I am supposed to do it. Now what if, my saying that I don't want to do it becomes a concern against me. To say, anyone can say anything but if I did not do it and then a concern is raised, that is genuine. But how come, a concern is raised, by my saying that I won't do it. When I am actually doing it.

Ok let me make things clear, mom asked me to get milk early morning, I said "mom, I don'twanna do it", mom says "no one is there", so I just go and get it. Mom is happy ain't it. Now, if she tells dad "hey I told him but he says I don't wanna do, so that makes me uncomfortable" (note, mom did not mention i did), is this a valid concern? Absolutely not. Coz the moment I got milk things are done issue is resolved but if I did not get the milk and mom says "hey he did not get it and i got it". Now this becomes a valid concern.

The difference, first was driven by feeling and second was driven by action. Feelings are from the mindset, if you feel wrong, its because of various things that affect you and its personal. Action is something that is objective and evident and its not driven by mindset or internal feelings once it is performed it is there to see.

So before raising a concern one has to think if they are driven by feelings or by action. Now, currently I have concerns, I hate to say this coz only twice in my professional career I had concerns now is a phase where I have some. See I must not have these, I am not supposed to have these and these is against my true nature. Having said that, I have raised when I felt that action is not being taken upon when really required. I believe that my concerns are truly action oriented and not feeling oriented. I hav

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche