Saturday, January 18, 2014

MISS LOVELY (2014) - HINDI



Uncompromising direction and superb acting take this film to great heights.

I went to this movie coz there is a fine actor in the film. His name is Nawazuddin Siddiqui. He is man to watch out for and I hope that he continues doing some great work. His body of work till now is nothing short of greatness. It includes some great films made in last 10-15years. He continues to do and explore more realms by sticking to his good choices.

It saddened me that there were hardly anybody in the theatre. Maybe some 8-10 people in all, in a whole theatre to a film which was presented in the prestigious Cannes Film Festival. Understandably, normal film going audience may not be understood. But do we have so very few aficionados. It is baffling and indeed threatening if anybody considers making in an offbeat film.

From the poster to the titles to every frame, the setting is reminiscent of the 1980's. It is near flawless art direction and kudos to the whole art team for achieving an incredible feat. The sound-design is immaculate too.

There are surely some disturbing things and even simple logic was missing at times. But I forgave all that, coz there was an attempt of honesty I saw behind this.

Surely, the film is questionable in many aspects. But this is not a film for everyone. Nevertheless, I liked it. If you ever try to watch, just beware. It may shock you or surprise you. A 3/5 for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche