Monday, January 6, 2014

DESPICABLE ME 2 (2013) - ENGLISH



A fine sequel but not as charming as the predecessor.

Many sequels get lost or get rotten by showing the same thing over again in a new package. The packaging is different but the contents are more or less the same. This film too, follows a similar path just that it deviates to introduce more themes or plots. Like, the sub plot of Gru (played by Steve Carell) and his girlfriend Lucy (played by Kristen Wiig).

The villain is new, the gags are new and the action is also new, yet the soul remains unperturbed or changed. So that's a bit of disappointment if you expect something radically different in this. If you loved the earlier one indeed there are higher chances that this one shall also be loved. I am saying this, as actually there are more moments of laughter and fun.

The minions, who had a lesser role in the prequel play a big role in holding the film together and helping the hero achieve to win over the villain. I ain't gonna reveal anything more than this, concerned to the plot. Of course, the kids who were there in the earlier film are part of this too.

I like it but not to an extent as I liked the first one. Yet, it's watchable and hilarious too. I am going with a 3/5. Yes, it's surely a well done animated film. But for me, I got a feeling of been there and seen that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche