Tuesday, September 20, 2011

SCHOOL OF ROCK (2003) - ENGLISH


If there was an inspirational rock movie then here it is. 

All through my engineering that is from 2004 October (when I first saw) till the end of my studies and even today, this movie inspires me with its flamboyance of the JUST DO IT spirit. It's a well written tale and extremely well directed. To take this screenplay and bringing it to life and to extract such great acting from the kids is a serious director's job and kudos to Linklater for having done that so well.

It's a tribute to all those rock bands that have inspired over the years and this movie played a big part for my introduction to Rock music. A bunch of school guys form a band with the help of their teacher. Rather the teacher forms a band with help of school kids assigning them a job and its their journey from becoming a band to making songs. Passionate is how I would say the acting of Jack Black was as he lead the film all through bearing the weight solely on his shoulders.

There was no big star cast except Jack Black in the movie and this modest film budget did not allow the movie to explore may be. However, this movie is extremely well made in all departments. Production deign, editing must be given appreciation. The music selection is also top notch with apt songs coming at the right time.

It's 4/5 for one of the best musical movies ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche