Sunday, September 25, 2011

DELHI BELLY (2011) - HINDI


And truly, shit happened.

What is delhi belly? Its about having bad belly in Delhi. It's as simple as that. I could decipher in 5 minutes what was happening, I surely right in the first frame that it was about the package and then how could they get it was the rest of the movie, but hey did they get it, watch the movie please. It's all fin filled and neatly embedded some may say, but for me it was more forced coincidences and puerile humour. Yes, we call each of our friends with the F word, but that does not mean it has to be a language of the movie. Also, the hinglish version uses bad words for every reason it has. I am Okay with this, but what was the point all this movie was about is what it makes predictable.

Tale written well but surely not told efficiently as per me. It just had 90 minutes and with the unnecessary flips like Arup's girl friend and his imagination, Niitn's sting stint for his owner were ot so much needed and the plot would have better focused with the goons and the mischief. If a movie is trying to be cool, then it is very un cool and this movie tries very hard to be. I was reminiscent of Lock Stock and two Smoking Barrels and even and old hindi movie like Ek Se Badhkar Ek. Of course many crime comedy movies have been made and for sure this has a very realistic appeal and feel, thanks to cinematographer and the art director to have created that. 

Acting if any was done by Vijay Raaz and he stood out while others just chipped in. No special mention for other actors is needed and the one line everyone did their piece aptly should suffice. Music, was good and for me I was happy that this not include much of music and all it had was pieces. 

A good one to many and an instant cult film to many more, but for me it was just another movie that was spun out of the mill that surely gave many memorable movies. It was average and it's not as fluid as so many have claimed, it tries hard by digressing but it's just an attempt thus far. For me it's 2/5. (I would be the first one to criticize this movie may be, but I am just being honest with myself).

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche