Saturday, September 24, 2011

DOOKUDU (2011) - TELUGU


Never waited so much for a movie ticket ever. I waited for nearly 2 hours at Sridevi theatre and finally was given the entry to the movie. Thanks to my friend Rajender for ensuring that we had a watch on the first day of release.

A good commercial entertainer that could have been a bit shorter.

A very well acted movie by Mahesh Babu and the credit of using him the right way goes to Srinu Vaitla, the director of the movie. The story though does not have novelty as I take it as an amalgamation of Pokiri (Mahesh's earlier movie) and Goodbye Lenin  and even a tinge of character was taken from Khaleja (Mahesh's previous movie), it was well combined to make a pot boiler that is entertaining thoroughly.

The movie brings out many layers of Mahesh, starting with comedy and ending with emotion he has done action, emotion and comedy very well and I sincerely believe that he is the finest actors that we have around today and should he stick to Commercial cinema, I would embrace every such movie. Please do not make art movies with him and corrupt him, let him be as he is and he is the best certainly. 

Technically, I loved the background music and the re recording work done by Thaman, though I could not appreciate the cinematography much as in few frames, the head or hair was cut and while few frames just seemed to capture dialogues blandly. Of course, direction was top notch but editing wise, 2 songs could have been cut. Also, the stunts should have been a tad short as they are actually pretty long.

Overall, I would say this , in India and specifically in Andhra Pradesh or Tamilnadu, movies are heavens and the film stars are demi gods and everyone, from a rickshaw puller to a CEO of a company go to watch a movie with similar mindset that is to have fun and forget everything else. This movie, sure made me forget everything else and just made me laugh with it's comedy.

Just liked it, and would watch it again for Mahesh Babu. It's a 3/5 for me. The movie could have been better with a better scissor of the editor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche