Saturday, November 3, 2012

SCHINDLER'S LIST (1993) - ENGLISH


A masterpiece that is profoundly humane and indeed tragic yet hopeful.

'Whoever saves one life, saves the world entire.'

I finally made it, I cannot ever see the whole picture at once for it's brutality that was displayed, but yesterday night I did it gone through the film at length and just took a water break and the 3 hour long saga made me cry even an hour after it was ever. I am emotional and certainly have deep feelings, I cam to restore them again with very film. It made an impact and it re emphasised the value of the life a human, I know what a loss means, I have gone through that, I just can't bear any untimely losses anymore. Here, they are organising a crime of execution of poor souls.

I wrote the film is in English, though 40% of it is German and Polish.

It's about Oskar Schindler, a Nazi man man who saved more than 1100 Jews from the holocaust of the German Army. 6 million Jews were killed them can you imagine how much it is, 6000000. That is, a whole race was being eliminated and this man stood up against all odds, and saved 1100 of those. Now, this did happen and Oskar Schindler is one of the few heroes who must be revered for what he done to Jew community specifically and to humanity at large. 

I can say that I am now happy to be reviewing a masterpiece that shows a world of a different kind, a world that I never knew of, but it happened to exist in the world ward 2 under Hitler's regime. A world where they call you names, just to kill you, where people are not afraid to be dead either. This was what Taliban had did to those in Afghanistan.

Now cinematically it's flawless, it's 3 hours but no editing is needed, any cut would demean the value of a life of a Jew, it's best the way it is, cinematography, sound, music, set design and art direction are sublime. Now, what' great is you have nearly thirty thousand people working on a film and they themselves make a world that is real in every sense. The actors everyone of them is just so real. We watch history and many epic films but this one is something else. It is by far the greatest documentary made on war. 

I cannot say anything about the genius of Spielberg, I am no worth even to utter a word of single word of praise. About the film, I can say this much, you might not like to watch it many times, but if you did it once, it's highly unlikely to forget anything about this film. 

By the way, I loved Itzhak Stern played by Ben Kingsley, he is more a hero here than anyone else. 

It's not about applauding the team for such a masterpiece, it's about thanking them for what they have done to humanity by depicting history the way it was. They brought us a story that teaches us value of a life, what more can you ask. I am speechless and even a 5/5 rating seems so less, to this masterpiece.

Ah, it's aching me even now as I write this in the joy of pain. Salutauions to the heroes who have saved lives and our only little tribute we can give them is by knowing their story, so please watch this film.

Those, who have seen this, they may better know where it comes. For those who have not, here is a scene from the ending of the film. 

Picked up form this link

                                     STERN
                         It's Hebrew. It says, 'Whoever saves 
                         one life, saves the world.'

               Schindler slips the ring onto a finger, admires it a moment, 
               nods his thanks, then seems to withdraw.

                                     SCHINDLER
                              (to himself)
                         I could've got more out...

               Stern isn't sure he heard right. Schindler steps away from 
               him, from his wife, from the car, from the workers.

                                     SCHINDLER
                              (to himself)
                         I could've got more... if I'd just... 
                         I don't know, if I'd just... I 
                         could've got more...

                                     STERN
                         Oskar, there are twelve hundred people 
                         who are alive because of you. Look 
                         at them.

               He can't.

                                     SCHINDLER
                         If I'd made more money... I threw 
                         away so much money, you have no idea. 
                         If I'd just...

                                     STERN
                         There will be generations because of 
                         what you did.

                                     SCHINDLER
                         I didn't do enough.

                                     STERN
                         You did so much.

2 comments:

  1. It was an amazing movie but it made me cry and even I had to skip a few scenes :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a challenge to watch the whole movie really, I tried it many a time and finally succeeded. Just awesome

      Delete

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche