Thursday, November 22, 2012

GOOD WILL HUNTING (1997) - ENGLISH


My seek solace movie of all time. This is great and it has been working for me for over 10 years now.

I saw it first time in college and in last 10 years numerous number of times and it gave me an inspiration always. Now what kind of an inspiration, this differs each time. Now, I am angry with myself and pissed of coz one of my scripts was rejected by my director (rather he said politely, let's make this one later) . So I had to get back to this spirit lifting film and again it made me rise from the pitfall and made me stand erect. 

This is a kinda of film that is rare, it's about friendship one can say, it's about knowing oneself someone else may say, but it's great anyway you look at it.The simplest question "What do you want to do?" is the toughest one to answer. At times, we need someone to help us along with that question.Here Will is helped by Sean. 

The movie works for it's writing and acting by all. Moreover, the way it is directed, makes it completely authentic and believable  Will Hunting (Matt Damon) does not exist in many, there are a few and yet he can be related to, we all have talents but we need direction.We need someone to say. Son, go do it and that's what precisely Sean (Robin Williams) does with Will. 

Written by to brains, Matt Damon and Ben Affleck, this is for sure a great script by those then youngsters but I need it needed direction and that's what Gus Van Sant did to this. Look at the scene at the end where the car just goes away and keeps going away, tells us that this movie is something else from the commercial rot. This has got great dialogue to match it up with and well, the cinematography is commendable. 

Well, acting by Robin Williams is worth a mention, coz he did take the whole role to a new level. Just take that "Fart Scene" where he confesses his wife used Fart is something that can make anyone into splits with a subdued amount of tears coz there is tragedy involved.Also, I can relate Sean to my good brother "Vinay Anna" whom I have met over a year and made a great bond with. He is a man, who used to tell me "Just do, what you want to do, we will for sure back you up" His words, made me pursue what I believe in, and I am still doing it. 

I have no crib whatsoever with any technical department be it art direction, production design, music, editing or even costumes. They are simply great as they are very apt for this movie. All the 5 thumbs up for this 5/5 movie. Will get back to this many a time, just hoping, I will neither be angry or down going forward when I watch it again.

2 comments:

  1. There are few movies which will never get old n always freshen up our minds every time we watch them ...and i believe this is one of them.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche