Saturday, November 10, 2012

DICHOTOMY OF DIWALI

Celebrate we do, with lights
Glowing up the new moon night
Performing festivities and attending guests
Making up yourself to look your best

While they in darkness live
And beautiful crackers is what they give
Burning up their kids and women at work
Lives are gone, when the flames go berserk

We have our hands full with sparklers and flower pots
They have their minds full of memories of lost ones
We do have a joy for it’s a celebration for us
And though they do celebrate, it’s blood and tears for most

Just for a meager pay, they give a life away
For they don't know what's life worth yet
While we know what a life is about, then come join and say
"No to the fireworks, we won't let those innocent lives taken away"

*****90% OF FIRECRACKERS ARE MADE IN SIVAKASI AND 70% IS OF CHILD LABOR AND OTHERS ARE MOSTLY WOMEN, THOUGH THEY CLAIM OTHERWISE.
EACH YEAR MORE THAN 100 LIVES ARE GONE, MOSTLY OF WOMEN AND INNOCENT KIDS.

HAVE A HAPPY AND SAFE DIWALI AND JUST KEEP IN MIND THAT WE ARE NOT JUST BURNING CRACKERS, IT’S AN INNOCENT CHILD'S CHILDHOOD.

URGE YOU TO CONSIDER THE PLEA AND PLEASE AVOID THESE CRACKERS IF POSSIBLE.

2 comments:

  1. There's no need to be mild and adding, 'if possible', we have to assert Brad, with the support of like minded and aware friends to spread this thought! Very well written! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely agree with you Amit, having said that there is also a view that why don't we change the way crackers are made rather than abolishing or boycotting a tradition in itself.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche