Sunday, February 24, 2013

SPECIAL 26 (2013) - HINDI


A well written and ill executed film.

For most of the time, people are walking in the film and that too as if in stop motion, where the slow motion comes and disturbs the interest. The climax is more or less predictable just that it had a few hints  by the end and an avid film goer  might have predicted it. 

Ok, the performances are good and I must say, post MOHRA this is the first film of Akshay Kumar I had seen in theatre and I was actually happy as it did not have fights or unwanted action sequences and instead had some brain thing. Thanks to Neeraj Pandey for not putting heavy action sequences for Akshay Kumar. Manoj Bajpai and Anupam Kher fared well. Kajal Agarwal was not needed at all, and this could have been better if the romantic track and those songs were not there. 

Coming to Neeraj Pandey, the director I was very disappointed, coz post Wednesday, it gave some hope that this man may churn out some non commercial flicks and would raise the bar, but he disappointed me with the song dance number, and the love track that made me just wait to go to the real plot. It was written with a good intent but it just did not fit in as a whole. 

Technically, the best thing is the meticulous production design of the Mumbai and other places of the 1980's and for this itself I would give an award to Sunil Babu. The editing falls flat and please cut off 30-45 minutes and increment the pace by making the walking as they are and take off the slow motion and for 75 minutes, you will get a wonderful ride otherwise it made a just above average flick. The time of nearly 135 minutes was made for the sake of making and I did not see any real purpose behind that. 

A generous 2/5 for a well designed film more than anything else. Neeraj, you disappointed me big time, need to see what you got up your sleeve next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche