Thursday, January 17, 2013

KING KONG (2005) - ENGLISH

This is a tale that's heart wrenching for any sensitive human. 

Something terrible happens and the King Kong dies. But I wished so much each time I watched that may he not die. It's a real tough task to be sitting through a long emphatic and hugely opulent climax. Each time I saw this movie, I felt against the tragedy of King Kong and wish we had more beasts like King Kong which are humane to scare off these inhuman beings.

King Kong seems to be more compassionate than many humans. But, Alas! this is a film and King Kong is an animated character. It goes to supreme extents for his love that are humanly impossible. Be it fighting with a dinosaur or holding the girl tenderly so that she does not get hurt in the epic climax fight done on the Empire Estate building.

Peter jackson who adapted LORD OF THE RINGS magnificently, remade this 1930s classic of King Kong. He did it so very wonderfully that the technology was aptly used to make this film enthralling, spine-chilling and tear-jerking. 

Naomi Watts played as Ann Darrow, the vulnerable love of King Kong. She showed fear and compassion beautifully. Jack Black was very good and so was Adrien Brody. But it's the monster King Kong whose performance that has, the thumping of the chest, the growling in the air, jumping on the cliffs, falling from the tower is what makes this a wonderful film. It's hard to forget this film long after we have seen. I just saw it again and I am left with the same feeling, as I did when I saw it the first time. 

Peter Jackson remade a masterpiece into a better one, by using technology. The fight with dinosaur is just one heck of it that is loved. I am happy that I have the Blu-Ray. It's a 4/5 for a movie that I wish to see in IMAX one day. It deserves a big screen viewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche