Monday, January 7, 2013

GABBAR SINGH (2012) - TELUGU


The blockbuster of 2012 has to be remake of another blockbuster "Dabanng" just with Telugu Nativity.

Now, it is considered to be remake of the Salman Khan starrer "Dabanng" and now we have similar recipe for the Telugu food loving people. Yet, except the plot line, I am not sure if there are any similarities. Now, I have not seen "Dabanng" and I did not want to see this film either coz this does not work for my sensibilities. I was said that this the best film of Pawan Kalyan after "Khushi", that came nearly 10 years ago. I was also told that there are few scenes that are brazenly original and highly comical like Antakshari scene etc. So I watched it one day in Sandhya Theatre, nearby my home. I was disappointed and started arguing with all those so called Pawan Kalyan fans. 

Now, what is original, the movie is something that we know, the title itself is a name of villain in "Sholay" and that Antakshari scene was done very well in a good original film "Aithe". So now, I was wondering what is original, yet this turns out to be super duper hit and indeed a blockbuster. Last year too we had a similar case, where "Dookudu" was a Telugu inspiration of the German Film "Goodbye Lenin". So this is where we stand, we embrace crap and more shit we are offered, more is what we love to eat. 

Gabbar Singh belongs to that very crap again, just that here Pawan Kalyan who tried experiments but failed like "Johnny" gets back a slice to have his meal and now I suppose, he is satisfied with this dish. 
Having said that, there are few plus points and that is Music, Devisri Prasad has given some tunes and lyrics that are worth listening for many number of times, till we again delete them from collection. Atleast "Mandubaabulam" is one song and "Pilla" is another that will stick with for long time to come.

I can't say much of this mediocre film in which we get to see same thing over and over and over again, and more worse is we never to have better films, we loved the crap before, now we are addicted to crap. Except few dialogues, I did not like anything in this, acting is stereotypical and the setup is age-old. If not for Pawan Kalyan, I dare say this film would have been a dud, but he brought something called "Pawan style" and that's what sold the film is what I believe. 

A standard 2/5 for an average film. Don't except anything ever please and you will be happy at the end.  

2 comments:

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche