Sunday, October 28, 2012

UP (2009) - ENGLISH



It's a must take adventure. Go UP and UP and UP!!!

I watched it in theatre in Pune in 2009 and revisited this today and wow, still so nice and fun it is. The first 15 minutes made my heart melt and the last 15 minutes made my heart pound and race. Wow, what an adventure it was. It was more about a bird named Kevin than about the old man Fredricksen. 

As any pixar movie which have been released till TOY STORY 3, this is simply atop in terms of animation and story telling, they just weave animation into great stories and create movies that are much better than most. Yes, it's memorable and still we would dive into the adventures more as we go and see them. UP for sure is one such cinema though it may be a bit uncharacteristic as most other PIXAR films   did not have humans as their protagonists. 

Here, we have an old man who wants to go to see a place called paradise falls just that he wants to end his trip of life by fulfilling the last wish of his wife that is to see paradise falls. He is joined by the wilderness explorer Russell and the cute dog named DUG. These guys join in together and form a team to accomplish there mission of paradise falls and to save the bird Kevin. But, save Kevin from what and why? Hmm, just go and fin out in this beautiful piece of cinema that for sure is going to make you please, given that you like good animated cinema.

All is great, the details are remarkable and the story is spell binding, in fact it's just a trip. Kudos once again to the great team of PIXAR who have made us joyful yet again in cinemas. If you have not seen in theatres, that's ok, get a DVD or better a BLU RAY and have fun. Everything is just right in this film. Having said that, if you ahve watched many PIXAR or animated films, you might have predicted early itself what PIXAR has go to offer, so that's the only thing we need to think about. Yet, as a good cinema fan, I would give this 5/5. Another 5/5 to a PIXAR movie and they keep making me happier each time I get back to their films.

Thanks to PIXAR team for this adventure.

4 comments:

  1. Yes Ankita and one of my favourites too

    ReplyDelete
  2. aweeeesome movie ....... ufff.... i dont remember when i saw it bt still its fresh in my mind...... :) the love, comedy, childishness, care, blah blah blah.... muuuaah to the sweet couple....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey yes such a sweet couple and yes love comedy and adventure wow it is

      Delete

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche