Sunday, October 28, 2012

CORALINE (2009) - ENGLISH

Fantastic fantasy, just that we have had such journeys in cinema long while ago.

From, Alice in Wonderland, in many fairy tales, we have seen a girl jump into a fantasy world and explore it. The same happens with CORALINE, just that she says people how she wants them to be. Having said that, this is by no measure bad cinema and, in fact, it's interesting too. Just we need to be patient.

The whole animation is done like the ones we used to see in our childhood and those were puppets used in stop-motion cinema, so we have wooden made faces here and not the standard animation. Well, the design and the look is not so appealing or to say the least gorgeous as it is old-fashioned. Yet, a few aficionados of those good old times may like this.

The cinematography is good and at times is just awesome in terms of the way we have revealed those things what Coraline sees in her adventure. The costumes too are well suited too, to make it look a bit creepy and something that we are certainly willing to know. Above all, acting and the concept is one thing that shall make it a watch if all else is something that we are not much interested in. Dialogues are just there as if we speak lines naturally and at times out of place too, so much praise to writing here.

So that's mostly about it, a good animated film that is not a must watch but not a must miss either. Leaving it with a 3/5. Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche