Tuesday, October 30, 2012

FORGETTING SARAH MARSHALL (2008) - ENGLISH


At times, even crap seems to be fine. 

As my friend Raghuveer just said, "no film is a bad film if our faculties are laid to rest". This is not a bad film either, just that we have rest our faculties. I was reluctant halfway through the film to complete this, yet I did make it to the end, coz I just wanted to see a light hearted comedy after watching those big great films. Now, even this mind needs some rest and this film gave me the much needed respite.

In many terms, if I look at this from a critical perspective it is very average, be it dialogue acting or the whole theme of getting to a girlfriend, we saw this in When Harry Met Sally, and so many other films just that here, we have a different backdrop. Sarah is a TV actor and the guy Peter is trying hard to forgetting his ex girlfriend Sarah Marshall. 

So most of things happen for our peace here, he gets a place to stay, falls in love with a different woman, and sticks on to her. And even before this, he tries one night stands. All is so easy in this guys life it seems. So that's how easily this movie was made and yet it was made likeable. May be Hawaii, the backdrop of this movie was got me into it more than anything else. And this film displays may romantic traditions of Hawaii and I loved them.

Thanks guys, for making an average movie as this, coz at times, we need average stuff to find our self back. You helped me do that again. Giving you a 2/5 for the technical aspects which are certainly above average, just that I have seen such films so many.


3 comments:

  1. I visited multiple sites except the audio quality for audio
    songs current at this website is genuinely fabulous.
    Here is my page ... rich

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do not know who you are but I am being take to this http://weightloss-clinics.org/tag/muscles/

      So please do not drop such sites in here please

      Delete
  2. Appreciatіon tο my fatheг who іnformed
    me rеgardіng this weblоg, this wеblοg is trulу remarkable.
    My web site :: eyeglasses frames

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche