Saturday, April 28, 2012

PAAN SINGH TOMAR (2012) - HINDI


Made as a competently good biopic, the acting is well top notch is worth a watch just for Irfan Khan.

I have not heard of this man, till I knew of this movie, its good to know of such sportsman and sad to know the tragedy. The fate of the country is such that a national champion is forgotten but a dacoit is made news easily. This is an ironic story and is told really very well. Dialogues are written extremely well. The dialect is just great, It brings out rawness to character and a flavor of its own to the whole script. 

The cinematography is done well, and the director sure has an eye for detail the way he has shown a few things, like a steeplechase race, dacoit's backdrop and the feuds in villages. Mind you this is a biopic and has to be handled in way to tell a real life character, there is no much added drama, at few places, it might have fallen bland too of course life is not so very interesting all times either. But all are pu together effectively to bring out a story that has a heart. We may not be in favor of Paan Singh by the end for what he has done, but fir sure he shall live on in the minds long after the movie is over.

Watch it for Dialect/Dialogues and yes for Irfan Khan who may be sweeping many best actor awards for reprising this role and living it in a way thats so tough to do in terms of controlling emotions and thus exhibiting them at rare times.

Liked it and I recommend such biopics be watched to know India and its diversity in a better way too. 
My rating is 4/5 for a movie that has been dared to be made and executed really well.



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche