Sunday, April 22, 2012

THE ILLUSIONIST (2006) - ENGLISH


The lighting scheme and art direction are just top of the world in this film. The cinematography is apt and so are other departments but the way the light is used has to be well appreciated.

It's a period film on an illusionist and his love story and is brought out compellingly as any good writer director does. But what's interesting is the point of view. All the while when we presume that it's based on what the illusionist percieves, it's also what people around him think. Acting by Edward Norton as Illusionist is worth a mention. This is a great story interlaced with a good screenplay combined with fine acting and setup exquisitely beautiful. So we have a winner as a film aficionados and I loved this for all this.

The climax where he brings back his own past, did mesmerize me just as it did to all the audience withing the film. Yes, he performs shows and shows illusions, some are just unbelievable. It is engrossing for sure but has a few lapses with long scenes like the one where the illusionist is grilled. 

All said and done, I recommend this movie for those who want a fantasy film that has mysticism embedded just to enthrall us to a very good amount of time. I will got with 4/5 for this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche