Sunday, April 8, 2012

APRIL FOOL (A PLAY) - HINDI

About the Play:

April Fool pranks can be notorious... but truth can be uglier! How many of us have dealt with imprisonment of all sorts inside our own homes, where freedom of speech, freedom of thought & freedom as such is a rare entity. Hasn’t the world seen the most disturbing parental relationships, yet? The impact of a disturbed childhood is grave, not even close to what a non-victim can imagine! The story of four roommates (Anil, Ajay, Sirish & Rakesh) in a college hostel who plan to play a prank with their friend to pull his leg. The four boys have been together for a while now, they know each other pretty well. Three of them plan to tell Ajay that his father is here & waiting for him in the room. He is shocked, because his father never came to see him in three years. He rushes to the room to meet his father & finds out that there is nobody in the room except for his three prankster friends. He is irritated because they used a wrong topic to pull his leg. But the three friends do not back off and cause their friend to get angrier at his friends. 

My Review:

I wish it had a simpler climax than a dramatic one and it was a bit shorter than it actually is.

Actually acted well except for Rakesh who felt a bit out of place as he was too lean to be considered an athletic body, the others fit well. Ajay as Krishna Shukla, our protagonist was the show stealer as he brought out the whole play together by his acting. Be it humor or drama he went with the flow and at times, I as an audience was perplexed at his sheer execution of the drama. 

It was not as if it was for the first time, someone is doing some kind of this act and we had seen such acts before too, be it in films or otherwise. But the act still works as it engrosses the audience each time by belief and then fooling around with the belief. The audience knows it very well, that there is no character as his father, yet we are succumbed to know if there was any and is he seen by Ajay. It leaves us with a question at the end as to who is real April fool? Are we as audience or is Ajay as the protagonist or those friends of Ajay, who made a joke of April fool at Ajay. So it is commendable to hold that grip yet the play as a whole did not rise above the script and was just shown as written. 

I wish the writer directs the play well too or rather helps the director in getting more hilarious moments and placing them together. Please tone down the drama part and this would for sure make a good play to watch. As of today, it was more of passing time than a serious must watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche