Monday, April 9, 2012

MIYA BIWI (A PLAY) - HINDI

About the Play :

Adapted from the original Marathi Play ``Shri Tashi Sau`` written by Yogesh Soman into Hindustani by Saurabh Gharipurikar. This is a story about a Hyderabadi couple going to court to nullify their nuptials by divorcing each other for the final time. During the course of funny incidents, they realize that after so many fights they cannot live without each other.

My Review :

One of the most hilarious plays I had seen, it rocked right from the word go with laughter. It had the audience in splits in each scenario. How does a wife cooks for husband, calling Maggi noodles as Chinese? How does a wife learn driving, getting off the scooter seeing her mother? How does the husband love, giving flowers to another woman? How does a husband take a wife to movie, forgetting the movie tickets? Does such things really happen.

I was perplexed with such scenes interlaced with an awesome writing and that too the hyderbadi dialect helped in many matters

Wife : Aji Sunte?
Husband : Sunaate?

The lingo just helped boost the already highly comical play to a higher level. I was told that it was directed by Krishna Shukla and am so very happy that this guy had done a great job.

I would recommend this play and if given a chance may be I will go for it again. Just loved it. A 5/5 for this

2 comments:

  1. Loved it..although I'm not a great poetry enthusiast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rohit not sure for what poem have you commented...I have got a few poems here...also I have not reviewed MIYA BIWI too

      Delete

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche