Sunday, April 22, 2012

ASHTA CHAMMA (2010) - TELUGU



A story of namesakes, build with lies and ends somewhat seriously.

Its funny in many places, and characterization is good specifically of Anand. Based on Oscar Wilde's "The Importance of Being Earnest", the movie is well adapted to the nativity of Telugu people. Comedy is what the genre of film is, but dramatic is it's ending, which may be debated over. But till a good point, the film goes well. 

Acting is good for a rare time in Telugu Film, where all actors have done well. This appreciation would go to Director, Mohan Indraganti who has extracted good acting from novice actors. All said and above, he must also be appreciated for the writing of dialogues. Also, To Srinivas Avasarala who has improvised in many places, especially the way he calls out others names. 

Life is simple if taken simply, but can be chaotic because of self obessions, Mahesh, famed actor Mahesh Babu is an obsession for Lavanya and so is his name, the film revolves just about that idea. 

It ain't as engaging or too very engrossing but yet a good fun watch, which may bring laughter back. I did watch it alone and was laughing for most of the time. Thanks for giving us a little treat in a place, where films are rotten with undue comedy. 

A 3/5 and I say, it's a good movie.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche