Tuesday, July 3, 2012

SINGIN' IN THE RAIN (1952) - ENGLISH


So a musical movie with comic drama in it oh, I loved it.

The Artist, a film that I now believe is hugely inspired from Singin In The Rain, has won the best film oscar while this film was not even nominated as best film. That shows, how are we going down in providing quality films. The plot is pretty simple of introducing sound into movies. Its periodic and is yet so flamboyant with tap dances, music and love making space to make it a true musical. Music is what made this movie so very typical and outstanding, it's characters are so stereotypical and yet so humorous thats its so very easy to fall in love with. 

Performances by each one is just so clean and engaging but Gene Kelly has provided an outstanding performance as Don Lockwood. Plot is simple but the way it was made will make anyone just be happy, there are no twists here, but there is beauty in the simple things that we see. The voice being dubbed, the introduction of microphone, each things makes a scene either cynical or comical and without taking anything overboard. Yes, there are too many songs and dances and yet I loved most of them, coz they are so very real. 

Anyone would love Singing something In the Rain as Rain in itself is a romantic phenomenon and love sprouts from deep within at such times, I loved this film for its songs, its performances and just for making me feel so happy. 

Technically, its cinematography, its editing lack their slick which we see these days, but its too very detailed in terms of dialogue and art direction, so it gives us the space to fall in love with it.

Recommended for sure, it's 4/5 for one of the best musicals ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche