Friday, June 29, 2012

SOLO (2011) - MOVIE REVIEW


Written well but directed badly. 

It's a simple thing but too many coincidences and too much of goodness had played spoiled sport in what could have been a fine script and a much better movie. To let you know of the positives, the idea was good, the cinematography at places was good and so was the acting by Srinivas Rao as our hero's friend, the setup and art direction were good too. 

Now, for the negatives, its very rhetorically told and baldy conveyed. Acting is a big let down by our hero and heroine does not anything yet.  In fact our hero Nara Rohit did spoil by giving too many bland expressions at places where some reaction was expected. Comedy was neither natural nor great it was just a passing cloud, no great moments except by a few good ones by Srinivas Rao who is the silver lighting in this otherwise dull movie.

Music is a big let down and choreography too very un appealing. Now, if it comes down to writing, it could have been done many times better, why feel love in the first sight, take time and that will helps characters love. Very immature characters were shown when someone expected a little more maturity.  Cinematography is good at few outdoor locales else its mostly stereotypical and straight into the face. 

Directionally its flawed and will appeal to that who cinema for passing time and is complete waste of time if we see it in theatre. The film is too long due to lack of judge 

I am going with 2/5 for a movie thats average and I say it again, its written well but not done well. I just wish it had some better actors to do the roles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche