Saturday, July 28, 2012

(500) DAYS OF SUMMER (2009) - ENGLISH


Boy- Girl, Meet-Part and boy meets another girl.

I wrote a poem that says Boy- Girl, Meet-Part  where the end is not so happy, yet that's how life is for a few. The movie is a typical love story but with a better camera work and nicely written screenplay.

How many times have we seen a boy meets girl and then they walk off just to realise their mistake and meet at the end, this one is typically like that and if you are really interested to know what the end then watch this. I would have liked it if it's more fluid more natural than being fabricated so much. 

It's woven as a nice fabric with some good camera work, nice production values and just the right performances and yes a non linear screenplay. Yes, its packaged superbly but what its lacks within is a soul or a heart of itself, Marc Webb seems to be a great publicist but is surely not a great director.

Performances are apt and though Summer Finn played by Zoeey Deschanel seems gorgeous as the blue-eyed girl she finally wears out on emotions and can walk and be beautiful but don't expect much from her in this film. Joseph Gordon Levitt shines as Thomas Hanson and surely has a good emotive skills and also a great screen presence. Others were fine in their parts.

But what I felt by the end of it all was this surely has a better treatment than most of the recent romantic movies but it does not have a freshness though. It's a likeable movie for sure and not loveable as per me. I would better sit through a Before Sunrise or Harry Met Sally than this one. 

As per me, it stands average as 2/5 for its just predictable and that means its fabricated that things happen as we would thought them to be. Even at the end when there is a realisation which was not actually the whole of the point but only a hint, that life goes on in coincidences seemed rather unnecessary and though the movie is named Summer which can be attributed to both, the season and the character Summer Finn, its neither hot nor warm and at least is not even dramatic enough to move. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche