Thursday, July 12, 2012

APRIL 1 VIDUDALA (1991) - TELUGU


It's comic, dramatic, satirical and yet moving.

Wow to a movie that is realistically written, dialog is great and characters are just next door kind. No over the board romance, songs or comedy in this, it's just plain simple subtle and yet convincing. All appreciation to Vamsy, the writer director of the movie. 'To tell the truth, is a real tough thing' its shown very nicely that's what this movie achieves. 

We need not have serious takes on messages and over the top long dialog to convey what we ought to say we can have strong characters and make them realistic with humor and then also say it, now Vamsy precisely does that here with his characters. The setup more importantly is superb too, the backdrop is railway quarters of a town Rajamundry. Now we have eccentric characters, we have realistic backdrop and we have a huge hero in Diwakaram (Rajendra Prasad) who takes the toll of speaking truth to win his love.

There is a underlying plot and a big climax where Diwakaram has to answer himself a question, if it is to save his mother or gain his love. Yet, it's the sub plots that make this a very interesting watch. Too many characters to name here be it a Bhagyam or Chinna Rao or his two wives or anyone, they are humor filled except for one charatcer that is Gopi Chand.

Coming to acting, go all out for Rajendra Prasad who carries roles with a style of his own that is not matched even today. It's so tough to play such realistic middle class roles and he was the pioneer and still is for movies of that kind.

Going with 4/5 this is a gem by Vamsy and acted superbly by Rajendra Prasad. Please do watch it.

2 comments:

  1. Wow someone who also watches Telugu films as much as I do. I mean my mother tongue is Telugu, so I watch lot of Telugu films. Rajendra Prasad is one of the best comedian-actor Tollywood has ever produced. Now, I have reasons to visit ur blog regularly.

    P.S - Just joined ur blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Rajendra Prasad is a gem of an actor and so natural and so very grounded. I like most of his films, if not anything dialgs are written well for his films and specifically for him.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche