Thursday, September 3, 2015

PIKU (2015) - HINDI


A wonderful film that shows and speaks about the shit in our lives, quite literally.

I am not sure what director Shoojit Sircar might have been thinking while conceiving and visualising the script of this film. But this much I am sure, he would have moments of burst out laughter while shooting this film. It's a fun film to watch and a funnier one to make.

"Hilarious" even this word would undermine this film, That's how good it is. I laughed out loud and was happy right every moment. There is not even a dull moment I must say and as per me, this is simply one of the finest films out in Hindi this year. 

Deepika Padukone, who used to be a model few years ago, seems to have come of age and has done some great acting here. I loved here in the other film "Finding Fanny" and with this one, she has set her own bar high. 

Irfan Khan, needless to say has done a terrific job. He has maintained the low-key and reserved acting well. He does his job without much ado and also takes credit for it. This film is no different and he is just too good again.

Now, the stealer of the show as in most cases is Amitabh Bachchan. He is terrific I must say. every emotion, every tiny utterance of a word, every sigh, every smile, every look, he has something to say and do. Even the way he talks to his maid is funny, I just can't simply get enough of his acting and I am proud to be loving him, Also, very happy that he has emerged as one of the most diverse actors in his choice of scripts. 

Shoojit Sircar and the writers have done a job so very well that it's rare to see such good writing in Hindi films, Here is one, and I will take it. There is no camouflaging, no nonsense. It's out there as if it were in real life of real people. So loved the depiction of it.

All other aspects are just fine, and even they are flawed, I would give a 4/5 for this film simply for acting and writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche