Friday, September 13, 2013

POET FIRST


I am a poet first everything else next
I heard his first line in our first meet
As moments passed with days and nights
I heard his poems in rains and scorching sun

With many ‘of courses’ in our long discourses
With cigar or wine at lunch or as we dine
We were young then and words were handy

And a day I had to part, with him and his poems
I said ‘Thank you for your friendship”
On what I thought was our last meet
He said ‘Thank my poems before anything else
And we shall meet again in a corner of Life Street’

I met him years later and true were his words
Now he was residing on the throne of words
With many poems in the shrine of his thoughts
He said ‘World is round and thus you land
On the same ground with wrinkled feet and hands”

Some too deep, some too long his poems were
Some mellowed sonnets and rest were songs
It was a corner and I met him at life’s dead end

A dawn, by a message he did send
I knew of his illness that cannot mend
I went to his place to have some time spent
I greeted him though wailing ‘Hello Friend’
He in hurry yelled in his last breath
I am a poet first everything else next

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche