Saturday, September 8, 2012

THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO (2011) - ENGLISH


Hmm...It reduced from a great thriller to a simple murder mystery

When I watched it first time a few months earlier, I was in awe of Rooney Mara and the way the whole subject was handled and directed and finally made into a movie. When I watched it today, all my enthusiasm came down to the understanding of a simple murder mystery of a girl who has for some reason been assumed to be killed by someone.

Amidst this murder case, there is a libel case which our hero Mikael Blomkvist (Daniel Craig) has lost to Wennerstorm and  this comes back much later just to redeem the lost glory of our hero. Now who does all this is Lisbeth Salander played wonderfully by Roonery Mara, she is a surprise to all those who have not known much about her and her ability. 

All other departments fared well and a special mention to David Fincher and what a movie he has made up. This is a mystery that holds up for long and he does a pretty good job till he held the mystery. Once, we know the murderer is known, he gives away the fun. Also, I am not sure if Wennerstorn was a main plot or a subplot coz he takes up the last 15 mins of film which I don't think was so important and just a glimpse of what happened to him was enough. Having said that, those 15 minutes were important too in establishing the GIRL as one superb woman who can go to any extent to does what she believes in. But she does all of those very unrealistically, can't we just simply bluff so many european officials, I really doubt. 

David Fincher has lost it only at the end apart from which most of it was good, yes cinematography was exceptional and so was the background music, editing should have been so lot better, the same duo who worked for 'The Social Network worked for this and they won an Academy award even for this but I did not like this film's editing though.

If there is any reason for watching this movie then it's Rooney Mara. It's a 3/5 for a good movie that's good as a murder mystery and OK OK for everything else. It just could have been so better had a few moments been cut out.

Note : I did not see the Swedish version, nor did I read the book, I perceived the film as it is, if anyone is offended then please take it easy.

2 comments:

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche