Sunday, September 30, 2012

RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK (1981) - ENGLISH


This is an adventure film and perhaps one of the best.

Indiana Jones, the archaeology professor takes us on an adventure and lets us know about things that we never knew. I am not sure if they ever existed but as along as I am on fun ride, I am pretty happy with the fiction element of the ride. And this one is a fun ride and good one too. Having said that, I still can't say if it still has the charm of 1981 (rather I saw it first time in 2002) but as I saw it today, it made a fun ride. 

Thanks to Harrison Ford for carrying the style and flamboyance needed and to Steven Spielberg and George Lucan and team who made this INDY possible. It's an adventure of 1930's and art direction and cinematography are superb. The music which has now became a signature tune even to film awards in India is gonna stay with us for a long time. 

Some film makers have claimed this film to be changing their mind and pulling them into films, example Nagesh Kukunoor. So the impact of the film is understandable and yet is extensive. The special effects are nowhere when compared to what we have today, but it was made but what was there in 1981 and boy, I must say it will stand better than many special effects films even 100 years later. 

The best thing probably is the setup, there is a dialogue initially to help us understand what is the purpose of the adventure and then once the adventure rolls in, we are put aback by thrills and stunts and more than anything, the enigma of a charismatic man called Indiana Jones.

I would go with 4/5 and recommend it to all those adventure and fun loving guys. And for all the parents, your kids will love this film more than the recent crap films like JOURNEY or anything. I strongly believe this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche