Wednesday, September 12, 2012

FIGHT CLUB (1999) - ENGLISH


After the copyright warning, there is another warning on the DVD. This warning is from Tyler Durden, and is only there for a second. "If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this is useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned... Tyler"

Now, what can you say of a movie, that has warning like this. It's just path breaking.

You can never get enough of some movies, and this stands in that list. This is a movie how many times you may watch, you never get bored and you just want more. I am not sure how many times i watched it but it keeps me glued and struck till i get to see the end credits. 

This movie is about what we can be if we truly unleash our potential. Written as a novel by Chuck Palahnuik and adapted to screen by Jim Uhls, the best thing to come out of the writing is Tyler Durden. Brad Pitt played Tyler Durden with a flamboyance that makes the whole character special. Tyler Durden drove the movie and is superbly supplemented in acting by the Narrator, Edward Norton.

David Fincher showed and unleashed the Tyler Durden in him as he took the whole movie to a very high level and without showing much yet, he has told lot many things. The best dialogue of the movie was 

"It's called a "changeover." The movie goes on, and nobody in the audience has any idea."

Now, you can make anything of this movie as you understand it and I will call it a fine piece of cinema if that makes me sit and understand and it did not take me for granted as if I will understand everything. No, give up, stand and fight for your own good, coz this is Fight Club. I loved it and a sure 5/5. 

Kudos to writers and specially David Fincher for adapting it so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche