Sunday, September 16, 2012

BARFI (2012) - HINDI


It's as fresh as a girl whom you have just met or met her as new as just yesterday, and there is cuteness with beauty.

Few movies are so much good, when they are not much thought of and as audience you just give in to a few things then they make wonders. Now, BARFI mesmerizes with its charm.  

Ranbir Kapoor is Barfi, he is deaf and mute and lovable and innocent but above all, he is simply cute. Priyanka Chopra is Jhilmil she has some autistic problem and is definitely not normal. Ileaana D'Cruz as Shruti is normal but not simple or charming may be sanity takes the wit and charm out. But Ileana is the only aberration as she wears a plastic face.

This is a film, where even before the credits begin to roll or the film begins, we have smiles with the 'Picture Shuru' song. Nicely done by Anurag Basu. The smiles are at every point of the film, or rather most points coz I saw a few having tears at a few moments in this film. Let me not give away the nuances but it's hard not to laugh at a point where she shows his legs to people travelling who saw Priyanka's legs. 

Written competently by Anurag Basu this is had lot many details like those cat and mouse chase with Police Officer or those where tries to get away from Jhilmil. Superb writing and vision helped those scenes come beautifully. Cinematography is good and landscape of Darjeeling is gorgeous. Now, despite all good things, this film belongs to our leads, Priyanka Chopra and the ever growing Ranbir Kapoor. Wow, such nuanced and detailed performances are a delight. I am happy for Ranbir who may bag many awards even this year. There are very few dialogues in this film and it ends being a lost and found game for our Jhilmil (Priyanka Chopra). Thus, it begins like a Charlie Chaplin fable and ends like “Gone Baby Gone”. 

The only crib I have is editing which could have made the movie so much better. It's good at the length but 15 minutes to half an hour less, it could have been great. Now, this movie also a lifts a few scenes from other films and weaves them all beautifully to story. So I am happy even if a scenes from "The Notebook", “The City Lights” were adapted or the second half was like “Gone Baby Gone”. 

All in all, I am in love with Barfi and Jhilmil. I go with 4/5 for a movie that's simply the cutest film made in Hindi since a long time.
I give a lot of credit to Ranbir who played Barfi with such marvelous acting that now I dare say 'We have got our own Charlie Chaplin and our Chaplin plays Clint Eastwood too with appropriate degree of flamboyance'.

Go watch it, this is a must watch. I hope all those who will watch this, are going to come out Happily as I certainly did.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche