Sunday, March 10, 2013

HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON (2010) - ENGLISH


A movie that is good fun and yet has some cliched stuff that makes it more predictable.

One would easily fall into the movie because it has every slot of a very entreating and moreover an animated movie. It has action, drama adventure romance and even humour. It's a story of a dragon and a boy understanding their language and vice-versa that is the dragon understanding the boy's language. But how come the dragons understand whatever each one speaks in yet to be deciphered by me coz I did not get that point. 

Also, this film has some breath taking visuals that are tailor made for the 3D effects and to ensure that what 3D is about is known to the viewer. Look at those dragon rides in the sky. These were taken from Avatar if I have to believe so. The visual affects are for sure great and some scenes are written well too. But overall there is something that this movie lacks and that is a heart. It did not make me go for that boy called "Hiccup" to do what he wants to do. Neither did it make me feel for the dragon who has got one wing only and flies with the help of an artificial wing made by Hiccup.

It is a movie that is good and surely and assuringly entertaining it brings laughs and makes us woo to sometime but such laughs are few and far in between. The kids have liked it as I saw in theatre way back in 2010 and even yesterday, my sister loved it and I did not like it enough, maybe I need more of a fluidity than the commercial rigidity. 

I would go a 3/5 for a surely entertaining and good animated feature but it missed the point of flowing and thus stuck with what the kids would like more than what the story is about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche