Monday, December 31, 2012

DOMINIC WESLEY - PLAY REVIEW


About The Play:

Dominic Wesley is back on popular demand! One of Hyderabad`s most beloved plays, the crazy team of Dominic-Wesley-Wesley-Wesley is back to entertain with their tomfoolery and goofiness, engage you with their thrilling repartee and enlighten you with the answers to life`s great questions. Or maybe make you ask yourself some questions. The conflict between the right and the left brained and the great and the half-brained comes to life in this surreal drama.

Language : English
Genre :    Play
Cast & Crew : Rathna Shekar Reddy, Pankhi Gakhar, Dwij Vasavada
Director :Rathna Shekar Reddy
Length : 1 hr
Writer : Anjali Parvati Koda
Note : 10 years and above

VENUE : NIFT AUDITORIUM, HYDERABAD
DATE : 28th DECEMBER 2012

My Review:

So we are in the world of Dominic and he creates Wesley, his own secret a creation that is mechanical. Dominic is an artist who does the "Artistic" things. The Artist is in double quotes. It evoked a true expression where artists are succumbed to reality and to live as an artist is just not possible. Girlfriend needs money, Parents need their kid to be working and friends need parties from him. Life has become so very demanding that it is becoming tougher and tougher to merely survive. Now, in such reality, we have DOMWES, a surreal world that is so very fragrant of stark realities. Such realities that we mostly are not even bothered about.

How many times have we heard, "I want to be a musician" and it is followed by, "come on man, be real, take up a job, you are good but it will be great if you have a one at hand"

Dominic played by Rathnashekar Reddy is just a well-written character and Shekhar indeed has performed well. The Wesley 1 by Dwij Vasavada is again done well in character it's a contrast and the diction by this man is so very fine that we shall mostly fall in love with him and his enunciation.

I loved Wesley's line "It's not a cellphone, it's a smartphone" even such simple lines brought laughter and that is good.

Wesley 2 and 3 played by Pankhi Gakhar and Rutwik Upadhyayula have supported well.

This indeed is an entertaining 1 hour and I really wished it was longer with more elements. I appreciate Anjali completely who has written such a wonderful and a smart play that's surreal, symbolic and superb. Yes, it is original and that's the best thing, a good original play written by an Indian and I hope this play makes waves even abroad. Thanks Anjali for giving us such a gift this year end.

This is really entertaining and engaging and in it's own way humorous and fun. Go see it, if you want to see how our very own secret creation may destroy us. Rather how reality can destroy an artist. A 4/5 for this.

1 comment:

  1. Can you tell us more about this? I'd want to find out more details.

    Feel free to visit my website: http://www.bestauctionsites411.com

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche