Sunday, December 16, 2012

YETO VELLIPOYINDI MANASU (2012) - TELUGU


An unimpressive beginning, middle and a simplistic end. A cliched tale and it's long too.

How many have we seen and how many are we going to see? Does anyone understand the term cliched, I hope Gautham Menon does, coz what he has given us is a cliched romantic film. 

I felt cheated coz whats there in those trailers was not there in the movie and I am so very disappointed by the usage of songs. If there is anything that drove me to the movie, then it's Ilayaraja's 
My favorite song "Laayi Laayi" becomes a song in which the kids turn into teenagers and its run in the background, ah, I expected romance in it but not kids. Now, from then on, each song seemed to be a serial episode. And indeed this movie is like a serial more than cinema. The first scene in which Varun's brother comes home and says he got a job, from then on to that last frame, it was shot as if it was a TV serial. You expect better cinematography for sure, and that's not what happened. The cinematography is just bad, look at that interval BANG scene, (that BANG gave me a headache) where the camera moves in and out and makes the scene creepy. It's bad camera work.

If there is a big disappointment apart from usage of songs and camera, then there are many, in fact in each every department. From costumes to sound even to dubbing and lip sync, damn, how did they not check any details even in the edit. The dialogues are like whispers, the costumes are inept, the makeup for Nani when he is in school is just so bad, it's unbearable. So, what's good about this then.

Apart from a few scenes where Krishnudu pitches in with dialogues, there is nothing much in the film. 
"Ante Salwar Kameez lekapotene pant shirt gurtostunda" 
OR
"Nannu vadileyi raa, oka hero naaku Toli prema laanti cute love story ivvamani cheppaadu" 
"evaru ra aa hero" 
"R. Narayanamurthy ra"  

Yet, having said that it is most likely to be liked by those who like love stories in any form even when they are not very logical or even, good. Here, the parents of Nithya (Samantha) are not to be seen until the very end and Varun (Nani) and Nithya have FUN many a time in Nithya's home itself. SO are parents out of India, or are they blinded or they have completely left Nithya free is unexplained. 

You take a CAT book, only after your father is insulted that you are not having enough status by somebody, is that the right way, yes we need some inspiration and maybe in real life Varun may do that, yet it could have been shot with more brainstorming like, he discussed what has to be done than just going with the spur of the moment. 

I came out of the theatre feeling relieved from a great torture I was subjected to. Get serials like Mogali Rekulu or Ruthu Raagaalu, they are much better than this movie. A 1/5 for this that's all I can say. I better listen to songs than watch them ever again.


The best moment of the film came through a comment in the audience

Samantha : "Enduku varun naaku mee amma naanna, mee annayya gurinchi enduku cheppaledu"
Comment from Audience : "Avi chepte cinema ayipoyedigaa"

Apologies for the non-Telugu people for keeping few things in TELUGU here. Also, to the Telugu audience please, spare me as I did not like it but maybe you related to it, you loved it and even you have a similar story. But a BIG SORRY from me.

9 comments:

  1. Hello Brad, I happen to bump into your website, and found your writing interesting especially Telugu Movie reviews. I’m looking for people who are willing to be blogging partners at our website CITYHYD. It’s still a very new, but we are certainly growing in popularity. If you are interested or you would like to know more about CITYHYD please do email- admin@cityhyd.info Cheers !

    ReplyDelete
  2. no Apologies mate...there are lot many people who follow Telugu movies even though are not Telugu speaking and i am proud to say that i am one of them...though my Telugu is confined to mere few words...but thanks to subtitles...i can enjoy them like any Telugu loving movies...
    i kind of like MENON...(AND LOVED HIS MOVIES...Gharshana, Ye Maaya Chesave...though am not so fond of Hindi movies...but he was man behind one of my personal favourite hindi...RHTDM....)
    but i suppose i won't be much inclined for this movie...but still if i could get the subtitle i will like to watch it atlest once...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes sure Anjan try it once and I hope you will like it, even though I did not

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like u were really disappointed....I thought it was the tamil version which was bad....& heard that the telugu version was good as it was backed by Nani's performance....

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche