Saturday, December 22, 2012

ENGLISH VINGLISH (2012) - HINDI


A delightful film that must be appreciated of its simplicity in delivering an important message.

How important are the feelings of those, who do not know a language that we speak so much. Is it right to belittle those for they can be good in something else? Is it right to disrespect parents and feel embarrassed when they do not know English? 

More than anything else, this is the tale of a mother who is being deserted by her kids and husband for she does not know a language that they all speak. And she learns it to redeem her respect. I loved the way Sridevi carried herself and am so very happy seeing her back on the silver screen which she set ablaze many years ago with films like Chandni, Mr. India and Chaalbaaz to name a few. Sridevi is indeed the best part of this film, as she has a poise that subdues the flamboyance and the stardom of her and gets her into the character. So what I saw here was Shashi (Sridevi) more than Sridevi and that's great to begin my review with.

If you loved a movie like PAA, then there are definite chances that you may love this too, coz it takes the simplicty from there and applies the same to a different story. I loved PAA, so I loved this one too. But even if you dislike PAA, try this and you may have a surprise then. 

The good thing of this movie is it's writing, take that scene in which Shashi gets a call from her daughter when she was looking for her scrapbook, and here it is

Shashi : "Maine use chupaya taaki main bhi na padh sakoo" 
Daughter :Padhna Aaye tab na" 

That is, "How can you read, when you don't know" 

The supporting cast has also done well from a French cook to a Pakistani guy, they all teamed up well, but it has it's share of not so likeable or rather preachy moments like the teacher being gay. But I will give in to all that, coz it is done quietly and not making fuss. 

Be it the climax, it was done in a subdued manner and that is why it was beautiful for me.

I love this film for its simplicity and for just one reason "SRIDEVI" all the other technical departments did their job superbly but "SRIDEVI" did something really beautiful. Even the way she walked on those streets was graceful. Also, a mention to music and Amit Trivedi has given beautiful music.

Thanks Gauri and R Balki for giving SRIDEVI back to us with this. And thanks to SRIDEVI for doing this film. A 4/5 for this.

2 comments:


  1. English Vinglish 2012 is a associate Hindi film.Money, fame and the comprehension of English: In the sphere of India, these three factors fool around a colossal role in the sphere of how society
    More info
    Please Click

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche