Thursday, August 9, 2012

LUCID LINES OF LIFE - MY BOOK

I am Bharadwaj Duggaraju, and I have published my poems in the form of book "LUCID LINES OF LIFE" with a pen name Brad Dugg.

 I request you all; please go through the link "LUCID LINES OF LIFE" on Flipkart.

Thank all of you, who have been a part of my life. Learned a lot and this is the tiniest gift I can offer back.
GLIMPSE OF THE BOOK




Preface
These ‘Poems’ like I would call them, are the word form of my thoughts, feelings, and perceptions of what I see, observe and understand from the daily life and incidents that once happened and remained with me thereafter. Some of them reflect my imagination about a particular person/situation that has provoked a serious thought, and some that have given recurring pain to my heart. Other few echo a universal feeling. Putting all these impressions of my life into expressions is an attempt to capture and create a memory script. Each of these writings has come from deep layers of my heart, thus all very precious to me. On a day when life comes as a reflection, holding & looking at this work will give me contentment that I could feel and record some earnest moments of my emotions and life.
I am a bystander in this world and a keen observant named Bharadwaj Duggaraju (thus the pen name Brad Dugg) and I like to celebrate life by being myself.

Below are 5 of the many poems you shall find in the book.  

SOLDIER AND HIS DAD

The valiant soldier's valor has gone in vain
The pious priest's prayer has left him pain
For, the priest has lost his only child
That's the soldier who fought in the wild

He went into the forest to fight the foes
Took it as his duty and had no woes
While his dad kept himself locked in the church
The prayer of his dad "do not leave my son in the lurch"

He fought with each foe in sight
For he did not want to lose the fight
He just brought to death as many as he could
And never gave it up which as a soldier, he should

Then came a bullet which struck his chest
But he still stood tall to see the end
Of the man, who is making him rest
He shot him and said "Goodbye friend"

The news came to the priest
From the army men "We lost our brother"
The patriot then rose from the priest who said
"Never mourn the death of a soldier
Because it questions the courage of the master"

LULLABY SCENE

Giving a pat on her child's back
she stands in the moonlight
she renders a lullaby to get him a nap
that made the dull night so bright

Singing the solo in such a voice
that makes surroundings rejoice

She is not a nightingale
She is a night angel
She has come to give her baby some sleep
With a tune that takes him into frills too deep
I ask myself whether I ever got such a chance
As I see great beauty in life's this little nuance

There came a bee to perturb him
she swayed it away with her touch on that tiny nose
So that nothing can disturb him
and now I too remember that I got this lullaby dose
as he is my brother
and yes, she is my mother.

WISH AND LIVE FOR

Just a lifetime's dance, a little romance
A chance to admire your every nuance
This is what I wish and live for

Just a tender kiss, even a moment's bliss
Hugging you in my arms to say 'yes miss'
This is what I wish and live for

Just a lot more to say and lot long to stay
In this way and sway in songs of gay which say
This is what I wish and live for.

TRAGIC REPORT

After all the tragedy,
Life is back to normal
The father who took his son to morning walks
Now walks alone and rarely talks
The mother who sang lullabies to make her child sleep
Wanders lonely giving a pat on an empty bosom
Showering tears of pain too deep
Brother, who held his sibling's hand every time
Now does it as if it’s an act of mime
Sister, who was happy feeding parents,
Now cooks for them but with laments
For they have lost their eyes
And she, she laughs and has just cries
While on the first anniversary
The newspaper reports
‘Life is back to normal’,
Making the pain merely formal

ABOUT MANY

Few have done something substantial
And many live for the sake of it
Few have truly achieved their potential
And many try for the sake of it
The world is a mess, under a lot of stress
As cloth is under a hot press
Many still strive and just thrive
To fulfill their wants, the world has given
Want of money, want of gold
Earning these, they just get old
And freeze one day in the cold

2 comments:

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche