Sunday, August 26, 2012

GANGS OF WASSEYPUR (2012) - HINDI


A revenge saga that makes us yearn for more.

This was released on June 22nd and its sequel was out on Aug 8th, in the meanwhile I had a tough time to sit back and wait, coz the end climax made me wait and see what is going to happen next. its taken forward by the protagonist Sardar Khan and we move forward with him. This film is for sure an epic just coz the scale is too grand to weave a script. It spans across 60 decades from 1941 to 2004. It starts at 2004 in beginning and ends in mid 1990's and there are many references o show us the age. If radio was heard or Trishul being seen in cinemas or to Kyu Ki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu This is authentic and great many kudos to Rajeew Ravi the cinematographer and the production design of Wasiq Khan who brought alive the 1970's the 80's and yes even the 40's. Just an aberration here Trishul was released in 1979 while it was shown to be as 1989.

Music was raw and pleasant and even philosophical like song of Ik Bagal Main, to a silly yet hilarious song like I am Hunter, Sneha Khanwalkar adds a voice to the already interestig script. The audiography is good and so is the voice of Piyush Mishra as he says the back story behind what was happening on screen.  

But the most interesting of all is the script itself that is driven by Sardar Khan played by Manoj Bajpai and by Ramadhir Singh played by Tigamanshu Dhulia, its their rivalry and how they deal with this. So instead of killing simply each other, they decide to tell and take 

"Keh Ke loonga Uski"


The dialogues are witty and the violence is gruesome. All in all, its a gory depicition of a true incidents told entertainigly. Kudos to Anurag Kashyap the pioneer of great Indian Cinema for making it in this way.

There is a scene in which Sardar Khan tries to open the door by smashing with his legs and hands and screaing while his aide simply opens the bolt and says "Yeh aise khulta hai" such moments are what made this revenge drama witty and hirlaious. It's sarcastic one may say as it makes a mockery too of few things, yet it's not cynical but intelligent. 

Manoj Bajpai might well win many Best Actor awards or atleast be nominated to many.  Anurag Kashyap for sure is the best director yet again and I hope he wins the elusive best director award at least this time. 

A 4/5 for movie that is made like an epic. There are many characters still there is a connect that keeps us glued even in a repeat watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche