Thursday, August 9, 2012

GANGS OF WASSEYPUR 2 (2012) - HINDI


He said, he would take it and so Anurag Kashyap did.

"Keh Ke Loonga bole toh, kya toh bhi samjhaa, par koi aisa leta hai kya?"

Hail Anurag Kashyap as the best filmmaker in India currently and time and again he is proving himself with mind boggling and just awesome films. Yet again, he does it in his own way just that this one is a sequel to an existing masterpiece that is directed by him. I doesn't matter you have seen the first part of this film or not, it doesn't matter whether you have any idea of Wasseypur and its people or not, what matters is when I watched, I was absorbed into characters and what is going to happen next. Yes, I knew the end and just wanted to see how it unfolds, and it sure did when I did not expect it, I expected to happen earlier or never, but it did happen at a point that was held back for so long. 

Performances are just apt and all superlatives just apply for this wonderful ensemble cast. But above all, Nawazuddin Siddiqui shines as Faizal Khan and Zeishan Quadri (who also is the scriptwriter of this revenge epic) blossoms as Definite.

There is lot of humour, its not sarcastic or slapstick but realistic, from names such as Tangent, Perpendicular and Definite, to scenes such as asking for permission to make love, to asking what is the real name of Definite, its filled with humour that is subtle yet raw and creating impact. 

But this is a revenge drama that has lot of violence and bloodshed so make it a point and ensure you must sit and bear their agony and pain and after a while, it make become as if you are watching it happen live and not in film.  

Rajeev Ravi seems to be the magician with the camera yet again, (I must repeat the word 'yet again' a million times in this review for most of the things are already done superbly and they have just repeated it) and brings alive the flavour and milieu of Wasseypur. 

Editing, oh its 2 hours and 40 minutes and combined with prequel becomes 5 hours 20 minutes, yet all of that entertains so thats what make this movie special. Let me not draw any comparison and fizzle out what is really one of the most interesting films made this year or in recent years. 

Sneha Khanwalkar's music adds something thats spicy and sweet to the tone of the film and makes it just perfect. But it's Anurag who makes the use of such music that makes it altogether special. I loved the way a song "Kaala" was used.

Hail Anurag Kashyap as the 'Silver Lightning in dark clouds of Bollywood' and he comes again and again and again with great films that make us go for a repeat watch.

My favourite scene is the one in which Faizal Khan gifts Mohsina the pager as a gift. Shot in slow mo, from the way he gets down his jeep and walks into Mohsina's house, its just so enigmatic and stood out for me above all else. Nawazuddin for sure is gonna win awards as the Best Actor or Best Supporting Actor and he must for sure compete with his baap 'Manoj Bajpai'

A 4/5 for a movie that can be hailed as the one of the best Gang war movies made, the other best one is the prequel 'Gangs of Wasseypur' itself.  



4 comments:

  1. Excellent review buddy :) Loved the way you've analysed the film. Good work!

    Here's my review of the film -

    http://movieroundup.in/gangs-of-wasseypur-2-bullet-ka-bullet-khoon-ka-khoon/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Hari, I have see your review and its very much detailed and gives away a few aspects which I would have held back from sharing and rather letting the viewers experience it...but it was great fun to revisit whole of it thru your review....

      Delete

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche