Saturday, June 17, 2017

SPOTLIGHT (2015) - ENGLISH

Perhaps, one of the most compact and the best to-the-point movies in the recent years.

There is point to be made and there is a way of how this point was evolved and brought into Spotlight. So cut the embellishments and get straight to the point. That's what this film does in it's screenplay. The screenplay deservedly won so many accolades and awards.

Technically, I thought its the setting of the mood that was perfect. Most of the film is shot in the interiors of a press office and the lighting was perfect and it brought the needed sobriety to the mood. The cinematography was limited in scope but terrific in terms of context. The angles were right and the emotions were conveyed straight. There are no bottom angles to build up or top angle shots to show the "God's view" either. Almost all the time, camera is just a shoulder away and the character spoke to another character missing the existence of camera and I must say it was great.

The editing is precise. There is neither melodrama, nor is the case shown as low profile. 'Spotlight' means everything is on top of this story. Albeit few obstacles the story comes along at the right time.

In this amazing ensemble cast, I loved the acting of Liev Schreiber (Marty Baron). His acting was truly professional.

For me as a viewer, the journey of watching this hit all the right notes. It started slowly pulling me into it and then paced up with revelations that were shocking and ended on a high. Ah, what more can I ask for.

Thanks to the writers and director for making a poignant film in a time where action and fast pace is becoming a norm. This film deserves patience and rewards heavily with the goods.

A 4/5 for this terrific film.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche