Sunday, August 10, 2014

BROKER (2010) - TELUGU

A well directed film that would have been so much better if the acting from protagonist was better.

R P Patnaik, the music director of Telugu Film Industry, dons the job of the director here and also acts as the main lead as a BROKER. Broker by definition is as below 

"A broker is an individual or party (brokerage firm) that arranges transactions between a buyer and a seller for a commission when the deal is executed."

Broker is an important person who acts as nexus between politicians and the common man in our social fabric. He is trusted as a person who can get the job done. Having said that, he gets it done for money, he needs money and as it was said somewhere "Money is the root of all evil" it comes to the forefront and determines every person's true nature. Money may not be the root of all evil but some evil I can say, but desires if driven by sole purpose of becoming rich through money is the root of all evil. 

Acting is done well but I would have been happier if someone else, perhaps a veteran like Rajendra Prasad or an experienced actor played the role. R P Patnaik is not an actor who can deliver the emotions needed in this role is what I strongly felt.

Thanks to the writers who wrote this film and much thanks to the director who is Patnaik himself. He took up a strong subject that is deeply entwined in the society and makes a very important point through this. His directional abilities are admirable and I hope I see more issue based films from him.

The acting of Kota Srinivasa Rao and Srihari stand out while others have done their job well. The other technical departments have done their job well. Above all, the story stands tall and it was well directed. 

A 3/5 for a film that is definitely worth watching and I am sad to know that a film like this did not rake in good money though it was critically appreciated. It shows how casual we are in knowing the realities of society and how unconcerned we are with the issues ailing our very own society.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche