Friday, May 18, 2012

OYE LUCKY! LUCKY OYE! (2010) - HINDI


A delightful charming film that has to be welcome in a Hindi Film Industry.

Few films show us answers and reasons, few films challenge our observation and leave questions for us, so that we find answers. This films challenged me, I was surprised to see Paresh Rawal play 3 different characters and all 3 betray our super hero thief Lucky(Abhay Deol). So this commonality of characterisation was what Dibakar Banerjee wanted to show to us. Also, lot many questions are shown as to how silly people are, actually are they so silly? May be yes, if you give in, you will enjoy this thoroughly and even if you do not then you are left to explore the logic and in each character seems to be adamant about what it wants to achieve.  The most plus point of this film is Abhay Deol who plays Lucky and is fluent at what he does. He does not seem to be acting anywhere, just reacting to what has happened and just doing what that character would expectedly be doing. Actually a weird character but after a while we just get used to his pranks and his ways of stealing. 

Nicely written by Dibakar Banerjee in bringing out the milieu and flavor of a Delhi that is all in its characters, the cinematography should also be commended. Above and all, I would go with the costume design that are actually gaudy flashy and yet seem to be speaking a language of the character. I would deride, editing though and editing could have been lot better. Lot many scenes just to establish a chracter even after that character has made an impact...I am talking about Gogi (Paresh Rawal -2) and too many photographs in the last part of the film. I would have enjoyed it more had we known how Lucky plots each theft and what goes on in his mind.

I would go with a 3/5 for a movie that seems to be simple yet is bring alive by its characters that are multi layered and have for sure made an impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche