Wednesday, June 13, 2018

TALVAR (2015) - HINDI

A provocative film that is made with honesty.

Crime and Punishment need to go hand in hand like law and order. The order follows Law and the Punishment follows Crime. Well, I was talking about the ideal world, in the real world, anything can follow anything. We are truly living in a chaotic messed up world and we continue to plead for justice and the right punishment, and we shall continue to do so for many more years unless we are all sane and follow the law in spirit and principle.

The film is about Noida Double Murder Case of Aarushi Talwar and the servant of Talwar's that is Hemraj. This case was sensationalized heavily by the media and indeed it shook many in the country. I was not interested in the original case until I saw this film and when I dug the details, I was fascinated and yet sad for the outcome of the case. Two individuals have been convicted based on circumstantial evidence and that is not right for the justice system in India. People cannot be convicted based on circumstantial evidence and I suppose recreation of circumstances is not accurately possible for humans as we outlive the moments so very easily. While I was sad about the case, I was happy with the film telling a story in a bold manner.

Irfan Khan stands out with yet another terrific performance. While each and every one has given an honest performance, I loved what Irfan Khan bought to the character. There is certain believability to his role and that in itself is worthy of applause.

The writing by Vishal Bharadwaj was to the point and the editing by Sreekar Prasad is precise. There is not a scene that is out of context or does not add any value to the narrative. It's a commendable effort in writing, editing and directing. Also, I loved the screenplay that brings into play perspectives and plays with the perceptions of the people than with the actual happenings.

All in all, it's a film that's worth watching multiple times and enjoy more often than not technically. Yet, it can't be liked so easily with content being strong and that is about grey shades of humans.

A 4/5 for me and thanks Meghna Gulzar for your faith in the content and the way you crafted it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche