Monday, June 4, 2018

A QUIET PLACE (2018) - ENGLISH

A thrilling entertainer that despite a few cliches of a horror film, stood its own and gave goosebumps.

The concept is thrilling and even though there is no explanation given whatsoever of the time period, the location and the reason for the existence of some supernatural creatures. This movie drives through emotions of humans. There are extinct for survival, love towards family and purpose of existence. Also, it is amazing that it is set up in a weird yet believable backdrop.

It's taxing on the viewers, at least I felt it was taxing but fortunately it was deeply moving. This a thriller tied up with human emotions and it is the emotional content that engrossed me and kept me interested. I loved the screenplay and the editing they are married so very tightly that there is hardly any time left even for gasping. My crib is that this film has an interval in India. I hope Indian Theatres become sensible in understanding that the English films do not have an interval and it's for business in theatres, that the Indians have kept a window calling it interval.

The acting is superb by Emily Blunt and John Krasinski and the kids. The cast is just perfect, it has hardly 5-6 notable characters and each one adds to the plot. Apparently, it is John Krasinski's first feature film and this guy looks a veteran in filmmaking already, his craft is terrific, to say the least.

I fell in love with the film and this took me by a surprise and I am happy about it. A 4/5 for a terrific thriller of this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche