Saturday, June 30, 2018

INCREDIBLES 2 (2018) - ENGLISH

A worthy sequel to a terrific film.

The Incredibles in 2004 was way ahead of its time and even now stands relevant as a superhero film. Now, in 2018 the audience is smitten by The Avengers and most of the youth and kids are now the huge loyal base of The Avengers franchise. In such times, to make a superhero movie that has a legacy and still stands on its own is a remarkable feat. Incredibles 2 is good is many ways except that it does not have the typical PIXAR touch that makes us feel so much more than just happy. Incredibles 2 made me feel happy and there is a lot of fun, but that's not just what I expect out of PIXAR and that's not their problem but mine. PIXAR has spoiled me with expectations. Also, I must confess there are very few sequels of PIXAR that I liked. Except for maybe TOY STORY films, I am not a fan of any other sequels. Thus, Incredibles 2 pulled off something great.

The characterization remains almost the same, there is the same family with an addition of Jack-Jack who is super fun and has some unimaginable tricks as the tiniest superhero. As with the previous edition, I loved the scene with Edna. Oh, she is so adorable as a babysitter this time around.

The writing peppered with a lot more humor is terrific and the production is amazing. PIXAR keeps taking the technology higher and there are some dizzying 3D effects in the film which make this a must watch in theatre film.

Thanks to Brad Bird for getting us a worthy sequel that begins at the last frame of the 1st edition and takes the film many steps forward, indeed a generation forward.

A 4/5 for this one too. I just wait for the next one, perhaps another 14 years but I am sure even that would be worth watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche