Tuesday, April 15, 2014

RACE GURRAM (2014) - TELUGU


I do not understand few things in films and this film had many of my misunderstandings.

Why an irrelevant song comes in between two songs? Why there will be comedy track in climax? Why the sub plots take precedence over main plot? Why a female lead is confined just to songs or has little space in the film? There are so many questions that will be in my mind and most times the answer is simple "It's a Telugu Commercial Film". So we have to expect the unexpected, logic has very little or rather no space. The script is written only for the hero and comedy is forcibly inserted. The audience goes to the movies for entertainment and if they are given some time pass by comedy or songs, they are more than happy. 

I am an absolute misfit to rate commercial telugu movies because for me they are absolutely non-sensical and for the common telugu audience they are more than movies, they debate, talk over, use the same jokes and dialogues in real life and even follow the heroes. 

So, I would rather refrain from reviewing this. I can simply say, I got laughter only in last 20 minutes when Brahmanandam came as Kill Bill Pandey and rest of the film was forgettable for me. 

Without wasting any further words, I am going with 1/5 (purely personal rating) and that 1 is for Kill Bill Pandey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche