Tuesday, March 27, 2012

LIFT OF SULTAN


So many new years I have been part of but none made me happier than this moment. 
The rendezvous on 1st made me so very happy on 2nd of January this very year.

LIFT OF SULTAN

I was returning home on my bike and I found a guy, barely 20 years of age asking for a lift. My other lift encounters made me weep very much if one was running around for blood at midnight then other was to save a man from an accident. This was different completely and yet it made me weep but in a good way. So receding into past, I was very wary but still halted to take him along. And I never thought that this brief advent would make me so very happy.

I asked him his story, who he was and where was he going to. And he, without telling his name told that he had to go to nearly 50 km away from where we were. It was a regular travel for him to such distance and he would manage. He said, he was an orphan his parents have left him and he was brought up in Street Children’s orphanage run by Government and studied till 10th in Government Boys High school and had to quit studies due to lack of funds. Even after that, he pursued reading English as he was very much interested in that language. Ok, till this it was fine, and then he revealed that his interest in poetry, I was astonished as I do write poems. When I asked him to recite one, he told the below lines.

“If God were a man, I’d ask him to be my father
If a woman, then request him to be my mother
Alas, God is above all these
I ask him again, who would make my heart please”

I had to stop coz there were lumps in my throat. We had tea together; I asked him if he searched for his parents, he said he is still doing that and is in hope of finding them one day. Also, as of now, he was going so far so as to attend a job interview tomorrow. He held my hand and asked me to wish him luck. I said I am proud and he would surely get a job. We exchanged our contact numbers and I offered him 100 rupees “keep them for your expenses”, he politely denied saying “every penny in my life shall be earned and not be taken from others, you have given me this lift and I am very grateful” Saying this, he said his name is SULTAN. He left, I said bye, my eyes were still moist but happy. I met a brave young boy in this world and I hope he succeeds.

That night I prayed hard and wished that he gets the job and hopefully his parents.

Next morning, rather an afternoon around 1 PM I got a call from SULTAN. He was ecstatic and thanked me a lot. I asked him the reason, he said, “I got a job and I can now earn 5000 per month”. I was super happy, “we must again meet” he responded, “yes sure will give you sweets, HAPPIEST NEW YEAR OF MY LIFE”. I said “Not just your buddy, even mine and this is for better things to come. Cheers” We hung up then and I am waiting to hear from him again.

4 comments:

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche