Sunday, February 26, 2012

ANAND (1971) - HINDI


The first few lines of Amitabh Bachhan as Dr. Bhaskar Bannerjee in this movie are

Maantaa hoon is yeh zindagi ki taakat maut se zyada badi hai
Lekin yeh zindagi kya maut se badtar nahi?
College se degree lete hue zindagi ko bachaane ki kasam khaayi thi
Aur ab aisa lag raha hai, 
jaise kadam kadam par maut ko zindaa rakhne ki koshish kar raha hoon

I agree that life has greater strength than death
But isn't life worse than death
I vowed to save lives when I took my degree
Now I feel, I am trying to keep death alive at every step.

Sheer poetry and my eyes became wet. Then the dialogue, 

Hey Ramu Kaakaa khaanaa lagaao 
Shaadi karne se toh khaanaa achha hai

So thats the how the whole movie runs it gives lumps in throat and follows with a smile on face.

Anand : Zindagi Badi Honi Chaahiye Lambi Nahi 

Life has to be big not long

Jab tak zinda hoon tab tak maraa nahi
Jab margaya saalaa main hi nahi

As long as I live, I am not dead
And once I am dead, I am just no more

Just each dialogue as the film rolls on teaches so much more.

Now, let me officially begin the review.

It's one of the most heartfelt movies that moves in a way that you are aware of the inevitable destiny but you just dont want to let him go. Damn, life is so very cruel, it takes even the best for a ride and ends abruptly.

Anand knew his destiny and he wanted to live every moment of it, so did I as saw each scene of the movie. However disconnected the other person his, Anand makes a connection in every which way and all the characters along with myself as an audience hoped for a different ending which was not to be.

I saw this movie innumerable times (which means just too many) and each time, I had tears in my eyes, the climax is simply unbearable for me but I just watch it all through each time. There is no fast forward or rewind button in life and that applies to this movie. Each time I start this, i just complete it.

Rare to see movies as good as this. How much ever I appreciate I very deeply feel that is too very less.

Dialogues by Gulzar are impeccable, editing, screenplay and direction by Hirshikesh Mukherjee and all alive and they are characters no more, those are alive beings and Anand is a prime example of a willing to live protagonist. The sotry and characters are simply heart touching and deeply moving. 

But Rajesh Khanna brought life to Anand is his very own way and his charm, there is that subtle warmth that you always want to meet him and see him in full life. Amitabh brought his very own dignity to Dr. Banerjee. 

All other characters played their roles very well. 

Can't say much with moist throat and eyes. It's undoubtedly 5/5 and one of the best indian films ever. It will defineitely move every indian who watches it. I am pretty happy to see this time and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche