Wednesday, November 20, 2013

VICKY AND THE TREASURE OF THE GODS (2011) - GERMAN


A fun kids film thats enjoyable when you have kids around.

Before I review, few words please to let you know that I am just sharing this review to keep up with my discipline of writing and sharing reviews as and when I see a film in a theatre or on Big Screen. 

I caught up with this film yesterday night at the Children's film festival at Lalitha Kala Thoranam with my nephew and my sister. It was fun in many ways to be seeing kids film with so many kids around. 

This is a German film and I am surprised how many kids gathered to see this and my nephew was interpreting most of the film perfectly fine, I was in awe with the knowledge and ideas todays kids have. 

The movie is a fable like story where a boy loses his father to an evil man and must get him back. It was a simple enough story that was made interesting by some wonderful shots. It is an adventure that shot akin Harry Potter. I believe so, many will mostly like this considering the simplicity it has. The film is done simply with noble intention of presenting a story with a moral. The boy rises above odds and uses his powers and gets back his father and wins over the evil. 

The production qualities were good and certain shots made in Computer Graphics were amazing. The art direction was great too. But I am not over impressed by the story as it is more a common place story than a different or a special one which you might expect at a film festival. Also, I loved a few dialogues which were humorous. The acting by most actors was very funny even silly and yet so apt. It's good that most of the acting brought out laughs.

I am going with 3/5 with this film. Above all, I loved the atmosphere and watching kids laughing and screaming at movies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche