Monday, May 15, 2017

ALIEN: COVENANT (2017) - ENGLISH


A movie that is layered and packed with surprises.

Ridley Scott was the one who started his career with Alien franchise (Alien was his second film as director) and now he gives the prequels like this one and the earlier film 'Prometheus' to the franchise. This adds elements to the franchise and tries to answer some existential questions like 'How did this all begun?'

Of all the scenes in the film I loved the opening scene. The backdrop, the sound and the dialogues were just right to establish the characters and their journey.

Michael Fassbender is an established actor and here he unravels some layers which I have not seen in his earlier films. He is the protagonist. The film begins and ends with him and the transformation is terrifying actually.

The suspense is well kept and this demands another film to understand and seek answers for the questions raised. Perhaps, Ridley Scott is going to end his career with this franchise itself as he is nearly 80 years and if he does, he better end this revealing all the answers.

Technically, the sound design and editing is perhaps it's strongest strength I felt. Visually, it was dark and the confrontation of two characters (David and Walter) is taken in good lighting. I liked the yellow tungsten lighting to symbolize the shades of the characters too.

All in all, this is a must watch film for all the 'Prometheus' fans but other wise it's okay to give this a miss. I plan to watch 'Prometheus' soon.

A 3/5 for a good film. It's serious boss in space no fun movie this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche